She calls it "Teacher, Student Pair"
- Separate your students into pairs
- Have them designate one person a teacher and one person a student.
- Now give the class a problem for the pairs to work out.
- The designated teacher can only explain how to do the problem and the designated student can only write the solution to the problem. With these rules the pair must try to solve the problem.
- Remember, if you have the pencil, you can't talk. If you don't have a pencil, you can talk.
- Now give the class another problem and the pair will switch roles.