Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Awesome Color Graphing Calculator ONLINE

Now I really like this one.  I like it because it is very easy to use.  It can graph my lines in color.  It can graph an inequality.  It is absolutely free.  Just go to the site below and use away.  It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that a TI-84 would have.  I think I like it for displaying multiple graphs at once.  This makes it so much easier to see the different graphs.  You can say "Where the green function and the red fucntion intersect".  Let me know what you think.
Best,
Dave
http://my.hrw.com/math06_07/nsmedia/tools/Graph_Calculator/graphCalc.swf


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Have you tried geogebra? You can change the color and thickness of the graphs, plus you can add in grid lines, plot points individually, graph conic sections,inequalities, etc. You can also click on a function, move it around and watch the equation change - it's great for showing translations and is really easy to zoom in and out.

Colleen Young said...

I like this Holt calculator as well and like to show students tools in class they can then use at home. There are also other excellent tools like the Desmos calculator. I put them together here:
http://mathematicsstudenttools.wordpress.com/graphs/